Booking terms and conditions:
Please do not come to Laserfun if you are unwell, or are a contact of someone who is unwell or isolated. All players should be at least 6 years old. Footwear is required, enclosed shoes are recommended.
1. Laserfun: Laserfun for the purpose of this membership application means Omega Entertainment Pty Ltd trading as
Laserfun (ABN 19 651 949 076) and its employees, officers and agents.
2. Rules: I will abide by the following rules and follow the directions of Laserfun at all times when present at
the laser tag venue:
• No running, reckless or foolish behaviour; or other behaviour likely to cause injury to themselves or other Laserfun participants or staff
• No physical contact or swearing
• No removal of your battle suit during play
• No lying down on floor at any time
• No mistreatment to our Laserfun equipment or premises
• Phaser must NOT be held near your face at any time.
• No food or drink to be consumed whilst wearing a battle suit.
• Footwear must be worn at all times, we recommend closed in shoes for the Lasertag arena.
• Any participant injured, or observing another participate injured shall immediately notify Laserfun staff of the incident
3. Acknowledgement of Risk: The activity of laser tag by its nature is subject to risks both foreseeable and unforeseeable, including but not limited to risk of injury as a result of tripping, slipping or falling over, or from coming into contact with objects or other participants in the laser tag arena. I have considered the nature of the activity of laser tag carefully and freely and voluntarily accept all risks associated with it.
4. Exclusion / Limitation of Liability:
4.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Laserfun excludes any and all liability for death or personal injury sustained by me in connection with my participation in the activity of laser tag, or any death or personal injury in connection with goods or services supplied in connection with the activity of laser tag, including specifically liability caused by any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty and/or breach of contract of Laserfun.
4.2 Without limiting the above, to the extent that liability of Laserfun in connection with the supply of services cannot be excluded but can be limited, then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the liability of Laserfun is limited to (i) the supply of the services again, or (ii) payment of an amount equal to the cost of having the services supplied again.
5. Release, Discharge and Indemnity:
5.1 I agree to release, discharge and forever hold harmless Laserfun from and against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, demands, loss, costs and expenses in respect of death or personal injury sustained by me in connection with my participation in the activity of laser tag, or any death or personal injury in connection with goods or services supplied in connection with the activity of laser tag, including specifically liability caused by any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty and/or breach of contract of Laserfun. 5.2 I agree to indemnify Laserfun from and against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, demands, loss, costs and expenses in respect of death or personal injury sustained by me in connection with my participation in the activity of laser tag, or any death or personal injury in connection with goods or services supplied in connection with the activity of laser tag, including specifically liability caused by any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty and/or breach of contract of Laserfun.
6. Bar to Action: This document may be pleaded as a bar to any action, suit or proceeding taken at any time by me against Laserfun arising out of or as a consequence of the activity of laser tag or any incidental activities.
7. I agree to any additional conditions that may be current from time to time associated with Laserfun meeting its COVID-19 obligations. These may be found at: https://www.laserfun.com.au/covid-19-update
Laserfun’s Refund Policy:
Cancellations within 48 hours of session time or no-shows – not refundable.
Cancellations between 48 and 96 hours (4 days) of session time – 50% refund.
Cancellations more than 4 days away from booking: 100% refund.
If you or your family members are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are in isolation, we will transfer your booking to another day at no charge. Please call us BEFORE your session is due to start and we will assist you.
Laserfun knows how much importance you attach to the protection of your privacy and takes the task of protecting your personal information seriously.
You acknowledge and agree that your:
• access and use of Laserfun’s website; and/or
• purchase of Laserfun’s products (including gift vouchers), events and services and your use (or use by any person under the age of 18 for which you have accepted these terms) of Laserfun’s family entertainment facilities,
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
You acknowledge and agree that:
• any information which cannot be reasonably linked to your identity (e.g. IP address, browser information, favourite websites) does not constitute personal information and is not regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
• Laserfun may collect information about you and other patrons or members of the public who use or visit Laserfun’s family entertainment facilities or Laserfun’s website;
• the personal information collected may vary depending on your particular interaction with Laserfun, but will be limited to the information necessary to record and manage Laserfun’s interaction with you or as permitted or required by law;
• the personal information that Laserfun collects is primarily related to Laserfun’s provision of facilities, products, events and services; and
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You acknowledge and agree that:
• each time you visit the Laserfun website, Laserfun’s web servers automatically save the name of your browser and operating system, your IP address, your Internet Service Provider, the website from which you accessed Laserfun’s website, the webpages you visit while with Laserfun and the date and time you spend on Laserfun’s website. Laserfun’s servers save this information for security purposes. Laserfun may also evaluate anonymous or de-identified data sets for statistical purposes;
• if you contact or communicate with Laserfun in any way or form, personal information may be collected from you in person, through Laserfun’s website (for example, through online forms or enquiries), by letter, facsimile, email or through telephone enquiries. Laserfun may request personal information about you when you purchase Laserfun products, events and services; make enquiries about job opportunities; make enquiries about Laserfun’s facilities, products, events and services; join membership programs; register for competitions or promotions; or request information from Laserfun;
• Laserfun will only collect personal information that you provide (directly or indirectly) to Laserfun and you are entirely free to decide whether or not to supply this information;
• if you contact Laserfun by telephone, personal information may be collected by Laserfun as a recorded voice message where Laserfun’s staff are temporarily unavailable to answer your call and you choose to leave a voice message; and
• you are entirely free to decide whether or not to give personal information to Laserfun. However, you acknowledge and agree that if you do not provide sufficient or adequate information, Laserfun may not be able to provide you with a full range of products, events and services or may not be able to fully assist you with your enquiry.
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You acknowledge and agree that:
• Laserfun will use personal information for the primary purposes for which it is collected, or for other related purposes as permitted by law, including, where applicable, so as to:
o provide you with access to Laserfun’s facilities, products, events and services;
o manage your booking;
o manage Laserfun’s membership program;
o provide you with information regarding Laserfun’s facilities, products, events, services, programs, promotions or activities, which you have requested;
o provide you with information regarding Laserfun’s facilities, products, events, services, programs, promotions or activities that may be of interest to you from time to time, which you are entitled to opt-out of receiving at any time;
o notify you of matters that Laserfun is required by law to notify you of;
o obtain feedback and customer satisfaction information to assist Laserfun in improving its facilities, products, events and service offerings; and
o generate customer lists for the purposes of market research;
• despite the above, Laserfun may use or disclose your personal information:
o for other purposes for which you have provided your prior consent; and
o as required by or permitted under any law (including common law) or any direction or order of a relevant Government authority or body; and
• Laserfun will only use your information, which is not personal information (such as IP addresses), for security purposes, systems administration, to protect Laserfun’s facilities, products, events, services and website.
• do not collect or store any personal information; and
• do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you can turn off the ‘Save Cookies’ function or set your browser so that it informs you whenever cookies are transmitted.
6. SESSION IDS
To the extent Laserfun elects to use session IDs, you acknowledge and agree that they are used to allow Laserfun to identify visitors as they browse various websites. No personal information will be collected or saved through Laserfun’s use of session IDs.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
Laserfun uses a variety of technical measures to ensure the security of all data.
The security of Laserfun’s systems is reviewed to maximise protection against damage, loss and/or unauthorised access. Laserfun’s security precautions are updated and improved in line with market-wide technical developments.
Unfortunately, no data storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, Laserfun cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to Laserfun will be secure at all times and you agree that Laserfun will not be held, and you must not hold Laserfun, responsible for unauthorised access to personal information where Laserfun has taken reasonable steps to protect and secure that information.
8. ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION RIGHTS
Laserfun will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You are entitled to request access to your personal information held by Laserfun and to correct your personal information if you believe it to be out-of-date or incorrect by contacting Laserfun’s Privacy Officer as set out in paragraph 12 below.
Upon your reasonable request, Laserfun will endeavour to provide you with access to your personal information unless Laserfun believes that denying access is required:
• by or permitted under any law (including common law) or any direction or order of a relevant Government authority or body; or
• for other legal reasons.
If Laserfun refuses your request to access your personal information, it will provide you with written reasons for its refusal.
If you wish to stop receiving any communications from Laserfun or have your personal information deleted, please contact Laserfun’s Privacy Officer as set out in Section 12 below, and Laserfun will take all reasonable steps to stop such communications and/or delete such personal information (unless Laserfun needs to keep it for legal reasons).
In addition, if you have any concerns about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed, you can contact Laserfun’s Privacy Officer as set out in section 12 below, and Laserfun will endeavour to address your concerns (where it is required by law to do so).
Personal information that is obsolete and no longer required will automatically be destroyed, except where required for data analysis purposes. If it is used for such purposes, the personal information will be de-identified.
9. MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you have any concerns about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed, and you wish to make a complaint about a possible breach of applicable privacy laws, you can contact Laserfun’s Privacy Officer as set out in section 12 below.
The Privacy Officer will investigate your concerns and take any necessary steps to resolve your complaint. In so doing, Laserfun may need to contact you if it needs further information to investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of the investigation as soon as it is completed. Laserfun will endeavour to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days after receiving your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you can contact Laserfun to discuss your concerns or you may complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
10. HYPERLINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Third party operators of websites which may be accessed via hyperlinks from Laserfun’s website may gather and store personal information as soon as you access their websites. You acknowledge and agree that Laserfun cannot, and does not, accept any liability for those third party operators in the event that your personal information is collected, used, disclosed or shared by them. We encourage you to read their privacy policies separately.
11. AMENDMENTS TO POLICY
• telephoning 07 4031 9865
• emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• sending a letter to the Privacy Officer, Laserfun Pty Ltd, T1, DFO Shopping Centre, 274 Mulgrave Road, Westcourt, QLD, 4870.
In light of this,
We have also put in place a flexible cancellation policy so that people who are unable to hold their planned event are not disadvantaged. Laserfun reserves the right to refuse or withdraw admission to customers who are symptomatic.
We hope to see you soon.